The new economy will be driven by social innovation. But it happens in different places. Key to NESI’s support for accelerating the new economy is to create the space for that innovation to be shared. Connection is one of the key needs of all humans and NESI aims to support it at all levels from the global to the local.
Specifically, we make connections through:
- The NESI Global Forum – a biennial event bringing together all elements of society to share the latest developments in social innovation and the new economy from around the world
- NESI Local Forums – Platforms for all interested parties to come together to find solutions to their local issues (city, municipal, provincial) through social innovation
- NESI Business Forum – Platforms for businesses to reimagine their purpose and connect to the new economy in concrete and practical ways
NESI supports the creation of a coherent narrative through curating new economy ideas and models into guides, toolkits and learning materials.
Specifically, we curate:
- Guides for localities (cities, municipalities, provinces) to understand what a new economy is, its ideas and models and how to apply those to solve societal needs.
- Research on new economy ideas and models for:
- Rethinking money and finance
- Reshaping organisations for the common good
- Globalisation and location –which level is right for what?
- Education for a new economy
- NESI Academy – a centre for online learning and place based short courses on issues of the new economy
The new economy is coming into being through a new emphasis on collaboration. We work directly with local people from all walks of life to re-image their local economy, co-design solutions and co-deliver those solutions to make real changes that improve their quality of life.
Specifically, we co-create:
- NESI Ecosystems – a place based process of imaging, designing and creating a new economy that allows all to lead fulfilling lives.
- Public Policies: Proposals to be implemented by local and national governments as well as by international organisations such as the European Union or the United Nations.